Teresa Johnston PT, ATC opened the clinic in 1992 to provide superior clinical care in a friendly family environment. Since then, Foothills Physical Therapy and Sports Medicine Center has been providing the downtown and South Knoxville community with quality outpatient orthopedic and rehabilitative services for over 20 years.
We have developed lasting relationships with South Knoxville residents and local schools, including our Sports Medicine program with Johnson Bible College. We also work closely with students at The University of Tennessee, and employers in our area.
It’s our mission to improve the quality of our patients’ lives by helping them restore optimal physical function. Our goal is to get you back to the things you love.
We are committed to the highest quality individualized care and superior customer service in a relaxed and friendly environment.
A Note about Physical Therapy
- Physical therapists receive 6-7 years of academic training for treating musculoskeletal dysfunctions. Current PT programs offer a doctorate degree in physical therapy. Once they earn their degree, Physical Therapists are required to be licensed in the State that they practice.
- At Foothills we use the following skills for your assessment and treatment:
- Therapeutic Exercise. To strengthen, stabilize, and improve coordination and balance.
- Manual Therapy. Using hands-on techniques to mobilize joints and soft tissue.
- Patient Education. So that you better understand your condition, your role in recovery and to empower you to achieve your health and wellness goals.