Second Harvest Food Bank Food Drive at Foothills!
November 9, 2016
Foothills Physical Therapy and Sports Medicine Center is excited to be hosting a food drive for the months of November and December for Second Harvest Food Bank of East Tennessee.
Second Harvest Food Bank provided the following services during CY2015, for a total distribution of 18.1 million pounds of food through six major distribution programs addressing the nutritional needs of 225,900 children, adults, and seniors:
- Distributed 6 million pounds of packaged and cased food to 325 partner nonprofit agencies across 18 counties for service to the hungry.
- Recovered 7.7 million pounds of perishable foods that would otherwise be discarded, and redistributed that food to local soup kitchens, food pantries, and senior facilities.
- Delivered 1.7 million pounds of food on a Rural Route to partner agencies in outlying counties for distribution to clients in need of hunger-assistance.
- Distributed 2.2 million pounds of food to those in need at 155 temporary Mobile Pantry sites across 18 counties
- Provided supplemental and nutritious weekend food for 11,500 elementary school children at 259 schools and alternate sites along with 52 sites serving 4,592 children during Summer 2015 (an 8% increase in Summer FFK) for a total of 490,132 meals
- Assisted 767 seniors with nutritious, supplemental food in partnership with Senior Citizens Home Assistance Services and at senior-living centers providing a total of 25,311 meals.
We cover 18 counties in East TN
1 in 4 East TN children are at risk of hunger
Please feel free to bring in any items to donate when you come for your physical therapy appointmets or if you are not a patient right now feel free to stop by and say hello and drop off any items. Their is a donation bin located in the patient waiting area. If you have any questions feel free too contact Holly Kryter, Clinic Representative at (865) 573-6458 or email@example.com.
Thank you for your support!
Second Harvest Food Bank of East Tennessee
136 Harvest Ln. Maryville, TN 37801 Ph. (865) 521-0000 | Fax. (865) 521-0040 www.secondharvestetn.org
“Alone we can do so little, together we can do so much!”